Past AFF Events
AFF 2021 Edition (ongoing)
Hosted by Mauritius Africa FinTech Hub
It was in October 2019 that the Mauritius Africa FinTech Hub (MAFH) was awarded the rights to host the Africa FinTech Festival (AFF) 2021, a concept launched by the Africa FinTech Network (AFN) in 2018. After two successful editions in Nigeria and Uganda, this 3rd edition was set to happen in Mauritius in May 2020… little did we know what the last year had in store for all of us!
After long months of re-coordination across our African nations, working in collaboration with the AFN, we are now set and ready to bring you the AFF in a new 2-parts format around the theme of “FinTech, Sustainability and Innovation – The power trio to fast-forward Africa’s growth”, allowing all stakeholders better understand and dive into the Pan-African FinTech movement that is happening right now!
Official Launch Webinar
The AFF Official Launch was led by dedicated participants from MAFH and AFN, to gain an overview of what the AFF is all about, addressing the agenda below:
- The objectives, agenda, and speakers involved for the AFF 2021
- Successes and opportunities from past editions
- The MAFH association and the AFN network
- Reasons why join the AFF 2021
1-Day Virtual Event
The first part of the AFF was held on 16th June through a 1-Day virtual format with the theme of FinTech, Sustainability and Innovation – The power trio to fast-forward Africa’s growth.
We are happy to report that over 400 people joined in from 60 countries, with key representation from Mauritius, Nigeria, UK, India, South Africa & USA. Participants had the chance to connect virtually with players in the industry, broaden their knowledge on a wide range of topical issues and learnt more about FinTech in the African space! The whole MAFH team would like to thank all the speakers, attendees and sponsors for participating and making this a success!
You can access the full videos for all the sessions held during the day below:
- Digital ID: streamlining customer due diligence to enhance customer experience
- State of Blockchain and Crypto asset regulations in Africa
- Empowering the Future: The importance of Digital Financial Literacy to build sustainable & ethical growth for the sector
- How will Banks survive the Digital transformation phase?
- Deepening access to financial services for african MSMEs
- Modernising the Fight Against Financial Crime
- Building the Future: Fintech, Education, and Upskilling
Number of Speakers
Number of Participants
Number of Connections Made
Total Messages Exchanged
Total Discussions Created
AFF 2019 Edition
Hosted by FITSPA, FinTech Association of Uganda
- Formalisation and inauguration of Africa FinTech Network.
- Provided the platform for the official take-off of UK-Africa FinTech Investment Group.
- Increased membership for the FinTech Association of Nigeria.
- Facilitated engagements with stakeholders and relevant Government agencies.
- Initiated discussions on the creation of the draft FinTech Adoption Roadmap for the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission.
AFF 2018 Edition
Hosted by the FinTech Association of Nigeria
- Implementation and development of policies and regulatory frameworks pertinent to creating an enabling environment for harnessing Financial Technology in Uganda.
- Increase of FITSPA membership base post-event.
- Industry recognition & creation of a unified voice for the Uganda FinTech ecosystem.
- Solidified partnerships with FinTechs, banks, insurance companies, MNOs.
Creation of investment opportunities for deeper penetration of financial services.